Since its founding in 1998, Medical University of the Americas has enjoyed a steady track record of success, with more than 1,000 graduates, excellent performance on licensing exams and a history of winning top residency positions. That’s why MUA has received the recognition of key licensing authorities, including the New York State Education Department/State Board for Medicine.
MUA students have obtained residency appointments in virtually every medical specialty and subspecialty at renowned teaching hospitals and leading medical centers across the U.S. and Canada. In a typical year, more than half of our students obtain residencies in fields outside of Family Medicine. A significant number are selected as Chief Residents, and many pursue Fellowship (subspecialty) training following their residencies.
A sampling of some of the recent post-graduate programs where MUA students have obtained residencies:
- Albert Einstein (Neurology)
- Case Western Reserve (Emergency Medicine)
- Cleveland Clinic Health System – Fairview Hospital (Surgery)
- Duke University (Psychiatry)
- Louisiana State University (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, St. Cloud, MN (Family Medicine)
- Michigan State University (Family Medicine)
- New York Medical College (Surgery)
- Queen’s University (Pediatrics)
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center – Connecticut (Diagnostic Radiology)
- Tulane (Neurology)
- University of Arizona (Internal Medicine)
- University of Florida (Pathology, Pediatrics)
- University of Nevada (Surgery)
- University of North Carolina (Anesthesiology)
- University of Pennsylvania (Anesthesiology)
- University of Saskatchewan (Surgery)
- University of Tennessee (Urology)
- University of Toronto (Neurosurgery)
"Matching to my first choice back home in Georgia was the highlight of my life, and that's all because MUA was there for me."
—Emily Kurokawa, MD
2014 MUA Graduate
Medical College of Georgia
In addition, many MUA graduates have residencies in Family and Internal Medicine across the U.S. and Canada.
You can find full residency placement results for the past several years here.