Dr Aishvarya Upadhyay
Dr Upadhyay completed her Master’s in Clinical Psychology from Banaras Hindu University, India. Her Ph.D. was awarded (2016) on the topic of “Behavioral problems in children with chronic illness” from the Department of Pediatrics, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi, India.
For her doctoral research work, she was awarded a UGC Junior Research Fellowship. She has also qualified from the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the University Grants Commission, India, which determines the eligibility of Indian nationals for professorship. During her doctoral degree, she uncovered new ways of managing and treating various behavioral problems in children. She worked with multidisciplinary research teams and gained expert guidance as a pediatric nephrologist, pediatric neurologist and child psychologist.
She also holds experience in assisting with a behavioral and developmental clinic as a part of her research work. During that time, she learned to assess and counsel children suffering from chronic diseases and their parents. Diseases included nephrotic syndrome and epilepsy. She undertook this work in the specialty Clinics of Nephrology and Neurology, the Department of Pediatrics, B.H.U. She also holds experience in working with children suffering from behavioral problems such as attention deficits, aggression, depression, learning disorders, language development, concentration and memory problems in the specialty Behaviour & Developmental Clinic, Department of Pediatrics, B.H.U.
She has also worked as a post-doctoral fellow for the Indian Council for Social Sciences and Research (ICSSR) on the topic: “Role of psycho-educational intervention in the management of behavioral problems in childhood chronic illness”. She has taught at graduate and undergraduate level in different institutions in India and has been a faculty member at Medical University of the Americas for more than a year.
- Developmental Psychology
- Childhood Disorders
- Research Methods
- Attended training of one month in psycho diagnosis, psychotherapy, pranic healing, naturopathy, yogic practices and behavior disorder etc organized by Dev Sanskrit Viswavidyalya Haridwar.
- Attended 8 weeks workshop on Psychopathology: Diagnostic & Treatment organized by Samvedna: Neuropsychological rehabilitation center
- Attended 100 hours training program on Basic counselling skills for handling adolscents’ issues organised by Umeed counselling center
- Expertise in using SPSS (Statistical Package for the Social Sciences): used by various kinds of researchers for complex statistical data analysis
- Received the National Eligibility Test (NET) award conducted by University Grants Commission, India, June, 2010. The test is conducted for determining the eligibility of Indian nationals for post of Assistant Professor in respective subjects.
- Received Junior Research Fellowship award by University Grants Commission, India, June, 2010 for research work
- Received post-doctoral fellowship of Indian Council of Social Sciences & Research (ICSSR), India, January 2019- July 2019
- Aishvarya Upadhyay, Om P. Mishra, Rajniti Prasad, Shashi K. Upadhyay & Franz Schaefer. Behavioural abnormalities in children with new-onset nephrotic syndrome receiving corticosteroid therapy: results of a prospective longitudinal study. Pediatr Nephrol (2016) 31: 233–238. (Impact factor 2.8)
- Sushil Kumar Jaiswal, Aishvarya Upadhyay, Akhtar Ali, Shashi Kala Upadhyay, Ashok Kumar and Amit Kumar Rai. Two Familial Cases of Robertsonian Transloacations 13; 14 and Its Clinical Consequences. Case Report J Genet Syndr Gene Ther (2016) 7: 283 .
- Om P Mishra, Aishvarya Upadhyay, Rajniti Prasad, Shashi K Upadhyay & Satya K PiplaniI Behavioral Problems in Indian Children with Epilepsy. Indian Pediatrics (2017) 54. (Impact factor 1.145)
- Aishvarya Upadhyay, S.K. Upadhyay, O.P. Mishra, Rajniti Prasad. Cognitive Dysfunctions in Children with Epilepsy. Pediatric Education and Research (2016) 4: 151-154.
- Childhood disorder
- Childhood disorder management
- Interdisciplinary work
- “The condition of elderly in family: A sociological study.” Conducted by- Indian Association For Social Sciences And Health, Puducherry
- “Yoga and mental health.” Conducted by- Department of Nephrology and Annual meeting of Yoga, I.M.S., B.H.U.
- “Promoting breast feeding in rural areas.” Conducted by- ICON B.H.U. Paper entitled: “Nephrotic syndrome: Intelligence and behavior.” Conducted by- Indian academy of applied psychology (IAAP), Mysore
- “Chronic illness in children and its impact on mental health.” Conducted by- International conference on stress: IISMAAS, Delhi Paper entitled: “Epilepsy and mental health.” Conducted by- Amity University, Rajasthan.
- “Behavior problems in chronically ill children and coping mechanism in parents.” Conducted by- IISMAAS, Delhi. Paper entitled: “Epilepsy and Intelligence.” Conducted by- Department of Psychology, B.H.U.
- “Behavioral problems in children with chronic illness.” Conducted by- Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- “Behavior problems in children with nephrotic syndrome: A socioeconomic perspective.” Conducted by- Indian Association For Social Sciences And Health, B.H.U.
- “Academic underachievement in children with seizure disorder: A need of educational counseling.” Conducted by- Department of psychology, Arya Mahila Degree College, B.H.U.
- “Mental health and academic underachievement in children with seizure disorder.” Conducted by- Indian Association For Social Sciences And Health (IASSH), Thirupati