Asmita S. Nene
MBBS, MD (Human Physiology)
Dr Asmita S. Nene ( MBBS, MD), has more than a decade’s worth of experience as an educator and has taught human physiology in various medical schools. She has also worked as a researcher.
Her background includes many years as an educator conducting the following academic activities for medical students from Semesters 1 to 5 as well as for pre-medical students.
- Delivery of physiology lectures and physiology practical sessions
- Preparation of course materials
- Preparation, administration, marking and reporting of examinations
- Supervising educational activities of students
- Advising individuals or groups of students in academic matters
- Actively participating in relevant professional development activities She has delivered clinical skills lectures and conducted clinical skills labs as well as check-outs.
Her research has been published in indexed peer-reviewed journals like the International Journal of Biological and Medical Research, Biomedicine, and the Indian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology.
She has presented at medical conferences such as the National Conference of PHYSICON India, Zonal CME, organized by GSL Medical College India.
- System and Disease I, II, III, and IV courses,
- Human Histology and Physiology,
- Clinical skills III
- Reaction time,
- Menstrual physiology
Secured first position in MD examination physiology in Mumbai University
- Prakash S B, Asmita S. Nene, Kalpana M. A cross sectional study for the evaluation of autonomic nervous system functioning in type 2 diabetes mellitus patients. Int J Biol Med Res. 2014; 5(1): 3879-3883.
- Nene AS, Pazare PA. Influence of different phases of the normal menstrual cycle on visual reaction time. Biomedicine:2012; 32(4):572-75.
- Nene AS, Pazare PA, Sharma KD. A study of relation between body mass index and simple reaction time in healthy young females. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2011 Jul-Sep; 55(3):288-91.
- Reaction time and menstrual physiology
- Medical education technology
- Autonomic function tests