Dr Manisha Arora
Professor of Metabolism & Nutrition, Genetics
Metabolism and Nutrition, Genetics
Dr Manisha has a total of 20 years of teaching experience in the respective field. Currently working as Professor Biochemistry Medical University of Americas Nevis, West Indie. She worked as a demonstrator in Biochemistry M.L.N. Medical College, Allahabad from 1998 to 2002, and as an assistant professor at Subharti Medical College, Meerut from 2 May 2002 to 8 May 2006
She joined as an assistant professor in Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar on 8 May 2006. She was subsequently promoted to associate professor on 8 May 2007 and then promoted to professor on 14 July 2010. Then took the role as professor and HOD from 6 November 2015 to 23 August 2019 professor & HOD Biochemistry at Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar with additional responsibilities as deputy dean (administration).
She worked as a guest lecturer in postgraduate teaching at ChaudharyCharan Singh University in the biochemistry department from 2003 to 2007. In the tenure of teaching at various institutions, Dr Manisha had the opportunity to teach biochemistry to MBBS, BDS, BPT, BMLT, MDS and DNB Currently works as an internal examiner of MBBS at Muzaffarnagar Medical College.
She has been appointed as;
- MCI Nodal Officer for Muzaffarnagar Medical College, Muzaffarnagar
- Paper Setter in Biochemistry for BPT & B.D.S. examinations for BhimRaoAmbedkar University, Agra, for C.C.S. University Meerut for Allahabad University, Allahabad and H. N. Bahuguna University, Garhwal, Uttaranchal.
- External examiner for MBBS 2007 at Government Medical College Ajmer
- External examiner in 2008 at NIMS Medical College and Hospital, Jaipur
- External examiner MBBS, 2010 in Rohailkhand Medical College Bareilly
- PhD examiner on 11/6/2011 in MLN Medical College Allahabad
- PhD 1, Motilal Nehru Medical College, Allahabad University in Allahabad, India.
- PhD 2, M.G.M Medical College, Devi Ahilya Bai University in Indore, India.
- Metabolism and Nutrition, Genetics and Development
- Good communication skills. Good writing skills
- Experience in making significant contributions to research projects. Demonstrated skill in problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated skill and experience in writing and editing material for publications
- Experience in QC lab, experience in release and stability testing, SDS-PAGE, HPLC, CE (Capillary Electrophoresis),
- Excellent experimental design, communication, organizational skills and great work ethic
- A strong academic background in either biochemistry and genetics with basic laboratory skills
- Effective skills using analytical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, written and oral communication, and planning/organization
- Executive Editor in Journal of Advance Researches in Biological Sciences (JARBS) www.sbsi.in
- Secretary and trustee of the Society of Biological Sciences of India
- Awarded for presenting findings related to free radicals in ACBI 2002
- Awarded for chairperson in SOBSICON 2012&2013
- Awarded for presenting papers in SOBSICON 2012&2013
- Awarded 2nd PhD on psoriasis by Devi AhilyaBai University, Indore
- Awarded for certification in the Basic course in medical education (2014).
- Awarded for fellowship in the Advance course in medical education (FIME 2017).
- Awarded for certification in CXLV11 Internal auditor & quality management system as per ISO15189-2012
- Assessment of atherogenic index of plasma, non-HDL cholesterol and other cardiac indices as risk factors for CVD in type II diabetes International Journal of Health and Clinical Research, 2020;3(5):120-129 e-ISSN: 2590-3241, p-ISSN: 2590-325X
- Chronic kidney disease among the rural population of Muzaffarnagar region.InternationalJournal of Clinical BiochemistrandResearch,2017;4(4):443-447.DOI: 10.18231/2394-6377.2017.0101.
- Effect of Cigarette Smoking on Microalbuminuria and other Kidney Functions in Normotensive Non-Diabetic Smokers. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research.2017;4(9):1912:14
- Correlation of Glycated Haemoglobin with Oxidative Stress and Erythrocyte Fragility in Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus.International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research.2017;4(9):1909:11
- Effect of PEM on thyroid status, serum total protein and A/G ratio in pre-school going children. Int J Res Med Sci. 2017;5(10):4486-4489
- Study of serum MDA (a marker of lipid peroxidation) and paraoxonase 1 in COPD patients with alterations in their lipid profile in Muzaffarnagar region. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2017; 6(5): 893-895.
- A Pilot Study of High Sensitivity C-Reactive Protein As Inflammatory Biomarker In Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus International Journal of Contemporary Medicine. 2017;5(1).
- Risk Factors and Causes of Male Infertility-A Review. Biochem Anal Biochem 5: 271. doi:10.4172/2161-1009.1000271.
- Assessment of Lipid Peroxidation and Non-EnzymaticAntioxidants in Patients of Rheumatoid Arthritis. Indian journal of research 2015;5(1):71-73.
- Evaluation of oxidant, antioxidant status, serum lipid and thyroid profile in non-pregnant, pregnant and pre-eclamptic women.EJBPS 2016;3(1)296-299.
- Oxidative stress and its relation to glycemic control in patients of type 2 diabetes mellitus. Int J Med Sci Public Health. 2016; 5(6): 1173-1177.
- Oxidative Stress and Erythrocyte Fragility in Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus.Journal of Diabetes and Health. (This Paper has been awarded by IASR with William Harvey Research Award).
- Correlation of Height with Blood Pressure in School Going Children of Meerut Region. AJPHR 2015, Volume 3, Issue 5.
- Study of Serum Calcium, Magnesium and Uric Acid in Pre-Eclamptic and Normal Pregnant Women. IntJ HealthSci Res. 2015; 5(6):263-268.
- Study of Lipid Peroxidation and Antioxidant status in preeclampsia in Western U.P, India. ABR Vol 6  March 2015.
- Evaluation of AST/ALT ratio in patients of alcoholic liver disease. BOPAMS2015, 3, Issue 5-3 (1).
- Study of oxidative stress and antioxidant status in patients of myocardial infarction.IJOPILS 2015 3(7).
- Study of Lipid profile and Paraoxonase-1 Activity in Psoriatic patients. IJBAR (2015) 6 (02).
- Role of oxidative stress and antioxidants in male infertility. Int J Health Sci Res. 2015; 5(3):324-333.
- Evaluation of serum biomarkers [leptin, adiponectin, CRP, oxidised- ldl] and lipid parameter in obese with type-2 diabetes mellitus: risk to CVD. JARBS 2013.
- Study to assess the morbidity associated with childhood asthma.JARBS 2011.
- Oxidative stress and the roll of antioxidants in health and well being.The study of paraoxonase-1 and acylesterase insoriasis.JARBS, VOL-1 (2011).
- Studies of lipid peroxidation & erythrocyte fragility during aging. JARBS 2009, 1(1):28-33.
- Isoniazid and rifampicin- hepato and renal toxicity. JARBS 2009, 1(1):81-99.
- Role of vitamin E supplementation in essential hypertension patients. South asian j prev cardio 2007 2(4).
- Hemoglobin percentage R.B.C fragility during aging and certain age related diseased conditions like diabetes and cancer. IJBC vol-15 no.2(2005).
- Diagnostic value of 30 kd protein antigen comprising of ag 85 complex in extra cns tuberculosis. Recent advances in sciences vol-3 (2005).
- Site specific modification of albumin by free radicals. BIOCHEM.J.2005.
- Role of anti oxidant enzymes sod, gsh-px in aging. IJBC (2004).
- Lipid per-oxidation and vit. E during aging. BIOCHEM.J (2003).
- Evaluation of serum mucoprotein levels in patients suffering from lung cancer.IJCB (2003).
- Basal concentration of free and esterified monohydroxylated fatty acids in human blood platelets. Clinical Chemistry(2002) (INTERNATIONAL). 33. Role of sweritachiraita in treatment of acne vulgaris.. Indian Pharmacological Society(2002).
- Cell Biology,
- Cell Signalling,
- Chemical Biology,
- Drug Discovery,
- Molecular Biology,
- Molecular Medicine,
- Pathogenesis & Infection,
- Translational Medicine,
Attended 20 conferences and 10 talks 2015 to till date