Dr Shivcharan Chavan
MBBS MD (Community Medicine)
Assistant Professor & Course Director of Clinical Skills V
Dr Chavan is an MD Physician from a prestigious institute in India, Seth GS Medical College and KEM Hospital, Mumbai. He has worked in various renowned institutions and hospitals in Mumbai as a physician, teacher and trainer. He has actively participated in various public health and community outreach activities. He was involved in organizing and delivering various national health programmes like RNTCP, NACO, UIP, NVBDCP at community, secondary and tertiary care level. He has good experience in academic teaching and training of medical students, resident doctors and paramedical staff.
Internal medicine, public health, communicable and non-communicable diseases, geriatric health, community healthcare delivery, epidemiology, biostatistics.
Dissertation on “An epidemiological study to assess the morbidity profiles among post-menopausal women in urban slum of metropolitan city”.
Public health, epidemiology, women and child health, neglected tropical diseases, prevention of disease outbreaks and pandemics, geriatric health, community healt
- 4th National Conference on Scientific Updates on Prevention of Diseases of Public Health Importance (Zoonotic diseases) 2018
- Tata Memorial Centre Platinum Jubilee Conference on "Healthcare - A Commodity or Basic Human Need?" 2017
- 17th Joint Maharashtra State Conference of IAPSM & IPHA 2016
- Workshop on Promotion of Breastfeeding (Lactation Management) 2015
- Basic Workshop in Research Methodology 2015