Jigar Katwala, MBBS, MD
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Associate Professor of Clinical Skills, Course Director (CS IV)
Dr. Katwala has a diversified work experience in the Caribbean medical schools, and India in academic setting. He has found teaching very rewarding. As a medical school instructor, his experience taught him that teaching is a pleasurable human interaction and that could have potent effect on learner. Dr. Katwala’s philosophy of teaching is to decide what his students should learn and how they learn and to train them how to apply their knowledge in real life. Dr. Katwala has worked enthusiastically and effectively with students at a variety of levels for last 15 years. He has had opportunities to teach students at 4 universities across 4 different countries with diverse backgrounds. To him diversity across academic interests, experiences and viewpoints is important for an enriching and fulfilling learning environment as it helps deliver innovative ideas. Dr. Katwala loves incorporating active learning activities to assist student to achieve their learning goal and facilitate their learning. To become an ideal teacher, he takes responsibility for his personal continuing professional development.
- MBBS, Medical College Baroda, Maharaja Sayajirao University, India
- MD (Pharmacology), Smt. NHL Medical College, Gujarat University, India
- Clinical Skills Instructor
- Medical Educator
- Jigar Katwala, Ananda K Kumar, Jaykumar J Sejpal, Marcelle Terrence, Manish Therapeutic rationale for low dose doxepin in insomnia patients. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Disease, Vol 3, Issue 4, August 2013, Pages 331-336.
- Arpit N Shah, Jaykumar J Sejpal, Jigar R Katwala, Anil J Jaiswal and Azadar H New Age Antipsychotic: Iloperidone. Pharmacology, Toxicology and Biology Reports, Vol 1, Issue 2, May-Aug, 2015.
- Medical Education - active learning methods, feedback, curriculum development
- Clinical pharmacology - adverse event monitoring
- Clinical Simulation - to develop various case scenario for clinical skills development
- Western Region Conference of Indian pharmacological Ahmedabad,
Gujarat, India. Society. (WRISPCON August 2017)
- A Seminar on "Leadership and Value," held on March 26th, 2019
- "A.S.M. Student Awareness Workshop -2019".
- "1st National Symposium on benefits of yoga and holistic medicine along with modern therapy: An integrated approach" two-day workshop (14th -15th Feb 2020).
- A session on "Facial plastic surgery" held on 10th Mar 2020.
- A seminar on "Managing Stress and Burnout in the Workplace" held on 28th Oct 2020.
- Active player of MUA cricket club