Karun Dev Sharma
Dr Karun Dev Sharma is an M.B.B.S graduate with an M.D. He was awarded a distinction in his undergraduate studies and held first rank in college in his postgraduate examination. He brings to MUA a rich experience of more than ten years in medical education. He has published papers on public health issues and guided medical students on research projects. His skills and areas of interest involve sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)/HIV, tuberculosis (TB) and quality in healthcare. He has expertise in implementing, monitoring and evaluating health sector programs. He holds a lifetime membership with various academic associations.
Dr Sharma has also attended CME programs and conferences as a resource person as well as a participant. He has been a part of a unique and innovative male reproductive, Indo-US collaborative health project, jointly undertaken by the International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS), University of Connecticut School of Medicine and the Institute for Community Research, USA and funded by the National Institute of Health (NIH). He has been a speaker at various public health forums.
- MBBS., Topiwala National Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
- PhD., Topiwala National Medical College & B.Y.L. Nair Charitable Hospital, Mumbai
- Post Graduate Training: Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, Topiwala National Medical College, Mumbai
- Behavioural Sciences (Epidemiology)
- Researched Curriculum-Evidence Based Medicine
- Principles of Medicine (Medical Terminology)
- Epidemiology of HIV and tuberculosis
- Quality systems in healthcare
First rank in MD exam and a merit in Biochemistry.
Published more than 10 research papers in indexed, peer-reviewed journals.
Published a book titled ‘Quality System Implementation in Healthcare Establishments’
- Epidemiology of HIV and Tuberculosis
- Quality Systems in Healthcare
- Quality in Medical Education
- Member of conference organizing committees, moderator for panel discussions.
- Guest speaker for video conference on "Standard Operating Procedures for Effective
- Functioning of District Hospitals/Tertiary Healthcare Institutions" conducted by Centre for Innovations in Public Systems (CIPS), Hyderabad, India