Assistant Dean of Basic Sciences | Professor of Pharmacology, NBME | Executive Chief Proctor
Dr. Sandeep Kacker, a highly dedicated and consistent medical educator, brings a wealth of experience to MUA, with more than 22 years of medical school teaching experience, which includes 44 semesters of pharmacology teaching at Caribbean medical schools (till 1 Feb 2021). Dr. Kacker possesses a high level of efficiency in presenting the subject content to students and has been awarded the Best/Outstanding Professor Award at the schools he has taught at in recognition of his teaching and commitment to quality medical education.
Dr. Kacker exhibits effective collaborative skills in team settings, including the ability to actively and effectively participate, assess, organize, prioritize and address multiple projects concurrently. He has shown consistent personal development in leadership, supervision, and development of educational programs.
- Post-Graduation / MD (Pharmacology), Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut, India, from June 1994 to July 1997.
- Topic for dissertation and thesis: Exploration of anti-inflammatory activity in some promising Indian medicinal plants.
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery), Maharani Laxmi Bai Medical College, Jhansi, India, September 1985 to December 1992.
- September 1985 to December 1991 plus 1 year of internship (1992) from District Hospital (Meerut)
- Uttar Pradesh Medical Council, Lucknow
- Medical Council of India, Delhi
- System and Disease I
- System and Disease III
- Foundation of Clinical Medicine
Cardiac, behavioral, neuro and endocrine pharmacology. In addition, Dr. Kacker possesses extensive teaching experience in all aspects of clinical pharmacology and therapeutic medicine.
Awarded the Best/Outstanding Professor Award at schools taught.
Abstracts and Papers:
- Brain Injuries - A Cause of Alzheimer’s Disease & Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy, J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry Res 2019; 1: 102.
- An Evaluation of the Activity of Vanda Roxburghi and Glycyrrhiza Glabra Linn in Animal Model of Arthritis an Experimental Study, Paripex - Indian Journal of Research, Volume: 5 | Issue: 6 | June 2016
- A study on the activity of swertia chirata and ocimum sanctum in animal model of arthritis, Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences/ Volume 2/ Issue 23/ June 10, 2013.
- Antinociceptive and antipyretic activity of Swertia chirata in rats. Indian Journal of Pharmacology, October 2008, Vol 40, Supplement 2.
- Comparative antipyretic activity of Ocimum sanctum, Glycyrrhiza glabra and aspirin in experimentally induced pyrexia in rats - Indian J Pharmacol. 1999; 31:71–5. (cited 27 times)
- Effects of the water-soluble portion of the alcoholic extract of roots of Glycerrhiza glabra Linn on acute inflammation, Indian Journal of Pharmacology 30, 2, 114--115 (abstract No. 22)
Drug development, neuropharmacology, cardiovascular pharmacology, inflammatory and endocrine pharmacology.
Completed dissertation titled "Exploration of anti-inflammatory activity in some promising Indian medicinal plants" under the guidance of Dr. Suman lata Goel, Professor, Department of Pharmacology, Lala Lajpat Rai Memorial Medical College, Meerut, India.
- Attended 75th Annual National Conference of the Association of Physicians of India, 6 – 9 January 2020, Agra.
- Attended 78th Annual National Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, 26 – 30 December 2018, Chennai.
- Attended 77th Annual National Conference of the Association of Surgeons of India, 26 – 30 December 2017, Jaipur.
- Attended 5th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Gastroenterology’ 15th – 18 December 2016, New Delhi.
- Attended 58th Annual Conference of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (APPICON 2012) at Subharti Medical College, Meerut, 18 - 20 December 2012.
- Chairperson, poster presentation session, 58th Annual Conference of Physiologists and Pharmacologists of India (APPICON 2012) at Subharti Medical College, Meerut, 18 - 20 December 2012.
- Successfully attended workshop on computer-assisted learning for animal experiment in Physiology & Pharmacology, APPICON 2012, at Subharti Medical College, Meerut, 17 December 2012.
- Continuing Medical Education Workshops / Research Symposium attended in St. Lucia.
- 1st continuing Medical Education on Preventive Cardiology by Dr. Enas, MD, FACC, Associate Professor, University of Illinois, Chicago on 14 March 2005 in Saint Lucia, WEST INDIES. This course is awarded 3 hours of Continuing Medical Education credit for physicians.
- II Medical Research Symposium 2005 on HIV AIDS & Recreational Drugs on 25 June in Saint Lucia, West Indies. Co-Sponsored by the State University of New York at Buffalo and Saint Lucia Medical and Dental Association. This course is awarded 4 hours of Continuing Medical Education credit for physicians.
- Attended weekly clinical seminars (every Saturday) organized by various departments at MMIMSR, Ambala, India. (June 2004 to mid-October 2004)
- Took active participation in various seminars organized at SSR Medical College, Mauritius, between January 2002 and May 2004 on lead poisoning, free radicals, surgical interventions in CAD, and various interdepartmental seminars on diabetes, hazards of smoking, and antenatal care.