Dr Saranya has been involved in USMLE-based medical teaching to Basic Sciences medical students since 2015. She is actively involved in teaching pharmacology, which is her primary field of interest. She also has experience in teaching medical physiology and medical terminology for the Gateway Medical Programme in MUA. Dr Saranya also has experience teaching and conducting clinical examinations in the Clinical Skills Course for basic science students.
- Medical pharmacology,
- Cancer chemotherapy and
She has received the following Awards and Honours during her residency training in JIPMER, India
- Professor M.N. Ghosh Gold Medal for Best Outstanding student in MD, JIPMER
- “Prof. UK Seth Prize” with Gold medal in IPSCON 2013
- Best paper prize for the Oral paper on ‘Pharmacogenetics of metformin’ in SRIPS 2012
- Vilvanathan S, Gurusamy U, Mukta V, Das AK, Chandrasekaran A. Allele and genotype frequency of a genetic variant in ataxia telangiectasia mutated gene affecting glycemic response to metformin in South Indian population. Indian J Endocr Metab [Epub ahead of print] [cited 2014 Feb 25]. Available from: http://www.ijem.in/preprintarticle.asp?id=119944
- Association of Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme Gene Polymorphisms and Nephropathy in Diabetic Patients at a Tertiary Care Centre in South India. Wyawahare M, Neelamegam R, Vilvanathan S, Soundravally R, Das AK, Adithan C. Clin Med Insights Endocrinol Diabetes. 2017 29;10:1179551417726779.
- Pharmacogenomics of Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Review Article. Surendiran A, Saranya V, Anusha N. SBV Journal of Basic, Clinical and Applied Health Sciences. 2017. § Raj GM. Vilvanathan S. The Pharmacogenetics of Metformin. In: Lajoie N, editor. The Pharmacological Guide to Metformin. New York: Nova Science Publishers.; 2020. p. 1-34. ISBN: 978-1-53616-634-7.
Pharmacogenomics, Pharmacovigilance, Medical Education
She has presented at numerous medical conferences including, SRIPS 2012, 3rd and 4th IPS (Puducherry branch), Young Innovator award session in INDO-UK Diabetes Summit (2013), ISARCON, IPSCON 2012 and 2013