Dr Shivani Sharma
Professor of Physiology | Course Director (System & Disease I)
Dr Shivani has a total of 16+ years of teaching experience in respective field. Currently working as Professor of Physiology, Medical University of the Americas, Nevis.
She completed medical graduation with a Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery from 1995- 2001 · Worked as junior resident in ICU in a multi-specialty hospital, combined Medical Institute, Dehradun, India from March 2002 to June 2002. She worked as junior resident in the Laparoscopic, General Surgery and Thoracic and Vascular Surgery Department in Multispecialty Hospital Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, New Delhi, India from Sep 2002 to June 2003.
She was awarded Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) in Physiology from the Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Jolly Grant, Dehradun, India (2004–2007) · Worked as associate professor/assistant professor in Muzaffarnagar Medical College & associated hospital, India from June 2007–July 201. She worked as associate professor of physiology in SSR Medical College, Belle Rive, Mauritius from July 2011–April 2012.
She joined as Associate Professor Physiology in Medical University of the Americas from April 2012.
- System & Disease I -IV
- Human Histology and Physiology,
- Neurosciences ( Physiology)
- Teaching undergraduate medical students human physiology /pathophysiology (content area expert)
- Conducted scientific clinical correlate, small and large group activities, and TBL
- Teaching pre-med students anatomy & physiology and medical terminology
- Conduct clinical skills lab and train students on standardized patients to take medical history and to perform comprehensive or focused physical examination
- Conducted labs on Respiratory and Cardiac examination on student auscultation mannequin, EKG and Spirometry
- Conducted BLS certification course. · Designing of clinical scenarios, case-based learning in small groups with the help of other departments.
- Helping in foundation of first clinical correlate in scientific foundation course.
- Development of learning objectives for the S&D and FCM course in the system-based curriculum.
- RLRA mentor and advisor of MED 4,5 AND 6 semesters · Conducted AMSA & student surgical association sessions
- Good communication skills. Good writing skills. · Experience in making significant contributions to research projects. Demonstrated skill in problem solving and critical thinking
- Demonstrated skill and experience in writing and editing material for publications
- Effective skills using analytical thinking, problem solving, interpersonal relationships, written and oral communication, and planning/organization
- Rawat S, Kumar S, Arora M, Iqbal S, Batra J, Sharma S, Prasad Sah S.Assessment of atherogenic index of plasma, non-HDL cholesterol and other cardiac indices as risk factors for CVD in type II diabetes International Journal of Health and Clinical Research, 2020;3(5):120-129 e-ISSN: 2590-3241, p-ISSN: 2590-325X 2. Bansal P, Gupta M, Singh M, Malik P, Ahuja K, Sharma S. Intraperitoneal and Port site infiltration of Ropivacaine with and without Dexmedetomide for postoperative analgesia after laparoscopic cholecystectomy: A randomised controlled trial. People’s Journal of Scientific Research. 2020 July, Volume 12, Issue2 : 1- 07.
- Bansal P, Ahuja K, Singh S, Sharma S. COVID-19 PANDEMIC COVID-19 pandemic-the learning continues- Editorial view. Anaesthesia, Pain & Intensive Care. Vol 24(3); June 2020: 259- 262. ISSN: 1607-8322, e-ISSN: 2220-5799
- Gupta M, Bansal P, Sharma S. Oxygen therapy (Cliniquiz). Anaesthesia, Pain & Intensive care. 2020;24(2):249-250.
- Rawat S, Kumar S, Arora S , Iqbal S, Batra J, Sharma S, Sah SP. Assessment of atherogenic index of plasma, non-HDL cholesterol and other cardiac indices as risk factors for CVD in type II diabetes. Assessment of atherogenic index of plasma, non-HDL cholesterol and other cardiac indices as risk factors for CVD in type II diabetes. International Journal of Health and Clinical Research, 2020;3(5):137-141e-ISSN: 2590-3241, p-ISSN: 2590-325X.
- Yousuf I , Bansal P, Sharma S. COVID-19 ( Cliniquiz) . e-ISSN: 2220-5799 Anaesthesia, Pain & Intensive Care. June 2020, Vol 24(3);367- 369. ISSN: 1607-8322. 7. Sharma S., Deepankar .Saurabh, F. Srivastava, A. Study of Pulmonary Functions in young Adults of Garhwal Region. Journal of Advanced Researches in Biological Sciences. 2011, July; Volume 2(Issue 2): 80-84. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Saurabh, F. Sharma, S. Gaur, Sanjay. Evaluation of therapeutic benefits of antioxidants in Diabetes & its late complications. Journal of Advanced Researches in Biological Sciences. 2010, May; Volume 3(Issue 1a): 87-94. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Thakral, Rajender. Saurabh, F. Sharma, S. Evaluation of Lipid Levels before and after estrogen therapy in carcinoma prostate patients. Journal of Advanced researches in Biological Sciences. 2009, Nov; Volume 1(Issue 2): 146-152. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Saurabh, F. Kumar, B. Sharma. S. An analysis of Returned Medicine in Tertiary Care Teaching Hospital. Journal of Advance Researches in Biological sciences (JARBS). 2009, Dec; Volume 1(Issue 2): 168-171. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Saurabh, F. Muzammil, K. Sharma, S. Liquid ecstasy (Gama- hydroxyl butyrate): A new comer to the adolescent drug abuse. Journal of Social Medicine. Vol-3, Issue-2, P. -29-30, March 2009. Pub Status: Published.
- Deepankar. Sharma, S. A case control study to find effect of air pollution over lung function tests in Traffic policemen. Journal of Advanced Researches in Biological Sciences. 2011, July; Volume 2(Issue 2): 20-23. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Gupta,M. Agarwal ,S. Kumar, M. Dev, P. Sharma, S. A correlation between Gestational Age with intellectual development in School going Children. Advanced Researches in Biological Sciences. 2009, December; Volume 1(Issue 2): 80-83. Cited in PubMed; PMID: ISSN-0975-3923. Pub Status: Published.
- Medical Physiology
- Cell Biology
- Hormonal Signalling
- Chemical Biology
- Drug Discovery
- Molecular Medicine
- Pathogenesis & Infection
- Pharmacology, Translational Medicine
- Pathophysiology and Neonatology
Attended 15 conferences and CME’s 2007 to till date