Assistant Professor of Biochemistry & Medical Genetics, Course Director
Metabolism & Nutrition
Dr. Adhau is a committed academician and clinical biochemist with more than a decade of experience in teaching, mentoring and diagnostics. He joined the Medical University of the Americas as an assistant professor in metabolism and nutrition in 2016. He is currently the Course Director of Metabolism and Nutrition. He chairs the drug testing committee and is a director of Formative Assessment- Semester 2. He teaches various course subjects including Metabolism & Nutrition, Genetics & Development, System and Diseases-4, Research Curriculum-Critical Appraisal, Integrated Case Review 2 and is a mentor for Research: Literature Review and Analysis.
He also worked as course director of Genetics & Development and chaired the Foundational Applied Clinical correlates-2 at MUA. He is a registered medical practitioner under Maharashtra Medical Council, India and a member of the Association of Medical Biochemists of India. He received a Certificate of Appreciation from Harvard Medical School for courses in biochemistry and genetics. Dr Shyam has completed various certification courses in diabetes Management (CCEBDM- recognized by International Diabetes Federation) (CCD- recognized by Royal college of Physicians- UK), obesity and lipid disorders management (Public Health Foundation, India).
Dr. Adhau completed his Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from the prestigious Seth G. S. Medical College & KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India and MD in Clinical Biochemistry from BJ Medical college Pune, India. He secured 3rd rank in the MD Biochemistry exam and received a Certificate of Merit from the University. He participated in many research projects and one of his projects received a 'Star Research Project of the year' award. His research articles are published in reputed international, indexed journals. Dr Shyman has presented at numerous medical conferences and also worked as Assistant Professor & Consultant Biochemist in Pune, India for a couple of years. He was instrumental in setting a new central clinical laboratory at SKN Medical College Pune. He took part in various workshops in medical education technology and laboratory accreditation procedures and also worked as Emergency Medical Officer at Columbia Asia Hospital, Pune.
- MBBS, Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai, India
- MD, Biochemistry, B.J. Medical College, Pune, India
- Residency: B.J. Medical College, Pune, India
- Metabolism & Nutrition
- Genetics and Development
- System & Diseases IV
- Research Curriculum-Critical Appraisal
- Integrated case review II
- Research: Literature review & analysis
- Metabolic disorders
- Molecular biology
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Lipid disorders
- Certificate of Merit - 3rd rank in MD-Biochemistry exam.
- Star research project of the year (2012).
- Certificate of appreciation, Harvard Medical school for Biochemistry & Genetics course.
- Junnare, K.K., Adhau, S.R., Hegde, M.V., & Naphade, P.R. (2016). Screening of gestational diabetes mellitus in antenatal women using DIPSI guidelines. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 4(2), 446-449.
- Adhau, S.R., Girish, S., & Kansara, G.S. (2015). Insulin resistance in sub clinical hypothyroidism. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 3(6), 1420-1425.
- Kansara, G.S., Joshi, P.N., & Adhau, S.R. (2014). Elevated hsCRP levels signal increased risk of future cardiovascular disease independent of lipid profile in H. pylori infection. International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences, 2(4), 1388-1392.
- Girish, S., Chandanwale, A., & Adhau, S.R. (2012). Myeloperoxidase as a potential Biomarker in different stages of Osteoarthritis. International journal of pharmaceutical sciences & research, 3(11), 4477-4481.