1. Complete the Online Application Form
To begin the application process, please complete the online application form:
2. Submit the Application Fee
An application fee of $75 (U.S.) is required to process your application, and may be submitted online using a credit card. If you prefer, you may pay by check or money order, payable in U.S. dollars. Please be sure to include your name on the check or money order, and mail it to the address below when you submit your application.
3. Submit Required Documents
In addition to your application and fee, you will need to submit the following documents to complete the application process:
- Transcripts: Official transcript(s) from each college/university or professional school you attended. Student-issued copies may suffice, pending official transcripts.
- Personal statement: The personal statement indicates (A) your purpose for considering a career in medicine; (B) why you would be an asset to Medical University of the Americas; (C) your significant activities or accomplishments, personal interests, unique aspects of your pre-medical preparation and any additional information that would help the Admissions Committee in the evaluation of your application. (A maximum of 500 words is recommended to answer these questions.)
- Letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college/university professor and another from an employer or physician who has supervised you. Evaluations from a college pre-medical committee are accepted in lieu of individual letters. Please use the "Letter of Recommendation" form you'll find in the online application.
- Photos: Two color, passport-size (2" x 2") photos.
- MCAT: MCAT official report. (All applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent residents are required—and all other students are strongly encouraged—to take the MCAT.)
- TOEFL: Applicants whose principal language is not English may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). More information on TOEFL can be found at the official TOEFL test site.