1. Complete the Online Application Form
To begin the application process, please complete the online application form:
2. Submit Required Documents
In addition to your application and fee, you will need to submit the following documents to complete the application process:
- Transcripts: Official transcript(s) from each college/university or professional school you attended. Student-issued copies may suffice, pending official transcripts.
- Personal statement: The personal statement indicates (A) your purpose for considering a career in medicine; (B) why you would be an asset to Medical University of the Americas; (C) your significant activities or accomplishments, personal interests, unique aspects of your pre-medical preparation and any additional information that would help the Admissions Committee in the evaluation of your application. (A maximum of 500 words is recommended to answer these questions.)
- Letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college/university professor and another from an employer or physician who has supervised you. Evaluations from a college pre-medical committee are accepted in lieu of individual letters.
- Photos: Two passport-size (2" x 2") color photographs.
- MCAT: The MCAT is required for all applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent residents are required. All other students are strongly encouraged to take the MCAT.
- TOEFL: Applicants whose principal language is not English may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). More information on TOEFL can be found at the official TOEFL test site.