1. Complete the Online Application Form
To begin the application process, please complete the online application form:
2. Submit the Application Fee
Submit our usual application fee of $75 (U.S.).
3. Submit Required Documents
In addition to your application and fee, you will need to submit the following documents to complete the application process:
- Transcripts: Official transcript(s) from each college/university or professional school you attended. Student-issued copies may suffice, pending official transcripts.
- Personal statement: The personal statement indicates (A) your purpose for considering a career in medicine; (B) why you would be an asset to Medical University of the Americas; (C) your significant activities or accomplishments, personal interests, unique aspects of your pre-medical preparation and any additional information that would help the Admissions Committee in the evaluation of your application. (A maximum of 500 words is recommended to answer these questions.)
- Letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college/university professor and another from an employer or physician who has supervised you. Evaluations from a college pre-medical committee are accepted in lieu of individual letters. Please use the "Letter of Recommendation" form you'll find in the online application.
- Photos: Two color, passport-size (2" x 2") photos.
- MCAT: MCAT official report. (All applicants who are U.S. citizens, nationals or permanent residents are required—and all other students are strongly encouraged—to take the MCAT.)
- TOEFL: Applicants whose principal language is not English may be required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). More information on TOEFL can be found at the official TOEFL test site.