Since its founding in 1998, Medical University of the Americas has awarded a Doctor of Medicine degree to nearly 1,600 graduates. As measured by the residency appointments and professional accomplishments of our graduates, the most important measure of any school, MUA has been extremely successful. That success begins with exceptional performance on the critical USMLE Step 1 exam, between 2015 and 2020, the first time pass rate averaged 98% - a consistently strong performance.
Residency Placements in recent years:
A sampling of some post-graduate programs where MUA students have placed includes:
- Albert Einstein (Neurology)
- Case Western Reserve (Emergency Medicine)
- Cleveland Clinic Health System – Fairview Hospital (Surgery)
- Duke University (Psychiatry)
- Louisiana State University (Obstetrics & Gynecology)
- Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, St. Cloud, MN (Family Medicine)
- Michigan State University (Family Medicine)
- New York Medical College (Surgery)
- Queen’s University (Pediatrics)
- St. Vincent’s Medical Center – Connecticut (Diagnostic Radiology)
- Tulane (Neurology)
- University of Arizona (Internal Medicine)
- University of Florida (Pathology, Pediatrics)
- University of Nevada (Surgery)
- University of North Carolina (Anesthesiology)
- University of Pennsylvania (Anesthesiology)
- University of Saskatchewan (Surgery)
- University of Tennessee (Urology)
- University of Toronto (Neurosurgery)
Two sisters graduate from MUA and had an amazing experience. Hear about their experiences and why they chose medical school.
Discover how Ronald found his passion from a young age for medicine and join him on his journey as he found MUA and really furthered his passion.
An Upper Edge for Getting a Residency
Hear from Lavinya as she talks about her experience of MUA. Hear first hand how she believes MUA gave her an upper edge against the competition.
Samir Gandhi is an MUA graduate who attained a residency at the University
FB Live with Ivy Zhang
Listen in to our FB Live Featuring Ivy Zhang as she talks about her time whilst studying with Medical University of the Americas.
A Day in the Life of MUA Student, Camellia
Explore Camellia's time at MUA as she talks about her experience whilst studying with us in the Caribbean.
Jennifer Ingersoll - Coming Home to North Carolina
Jennifer now has a residency at Vidant Medical Centre in Greenville. Hear her experience of studying with MUA and why she chose to study in the Caribbean.
Baieruss Trinos - Becoming a Hospitalist
Hear from Baieruss as he talks about his time at MUA and how he secured a residency at the University of Toronto.
Stefan's insight into Pre-Med program
Hear from Canadian MUA student, Stefan Zlatanov about his experience at MUA and the Pre-Med Program.
Clement Aroh talking about his professors, and his life as a student at MUA
Follow Aroh's medical journey. As a resident in Los Angeles, he chose MUA as his number one choice.
Alum Dr. Zakious Tracey
Head of Admissions, Sarah Russell, speaks to MUA student Zakious Tracey about why he chose MUA, how he discovered the medical school and what his experience has been like.
Hear how Brian Chwiecko went from a young heart patient to becoming a doctor.
Adnan Qureshi - Earning a Surgery Residency
Learn how Adnan secured a surgery residency at the University of Toronto
Mamoona Mirza - Coming Home to Practice in Toronto
Follow Mamoona's journey as she talks about her time at MUA and returning home to practice in Toronto, Canada.
Emily Kurokawa - "MUA Was There for Me."
Emily recalls her time at MUA, discussing student life, the support available and how it prepared her to secure a residency at Medical College of Georgia.